Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gingham yoga bag #2

For my second gingham yoga bag, I made the strap thinner (from a 10" wide piece of fabric rather than a 14" wide piece, which made the final strap 2.5" wide rather than 3.5" wide). I also added a bit of trim on the pocket, made the drawstring channel a differently, and attached the strap to the outside of the bag (on the bag with the lilac trim, I tucked the strap into the drawstring channel).

Oh yes, the other obvious difference is the orange trim. I was a bit wary of using it at first (and while I was making the bag, the colours were screaming a bit too loudly to me) but I think it turned out alright in the end. And the orange seems to be more photogenic than the lilac in bag #1. I had quite a bit of this orange fabric so I'm also using it for gingham bag #3.

Here are the pictures:


And a top view:


Here's a close-up of the top when it's closed:


And when it's open:


And a close-up of where the strap is attached on the outside of the bag:


And here's a close-up of the drawstring bit:


I think this drawstring bit is neater than the lilac one but I liked how the drawstring part of the lilac one covered the whole top of the bag. I'm going to try that again with bag #3.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...