Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Adding snaps to a tote bag - so it stays folded

We can also use snaps to keep a bag neatly folded while it's not in use.

The first thing to do is fold the bag so we can figure out where to put the snaps.  I'm sure there's more than one way to do this but for this particular bag, I folded the straps on one side of the bag, folded the bag into thirds, folded the top and bottom so they meet in the centre and then folded the whole thing in half.



Pin the snaps onto the bag and test them to make sure they're in the right place to keep the bag folded.


Stitch the snaps on...

...and it's done!  

Here's what the bag looks like open and folded.  

If I were to do this again, I would have made it so that the printing doesn't show when the bag is folded.  That would have looked just a little bit neater.  I'll try to remember that for next time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...