Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Putting more pockets in the shopping bag

It turns out that one little pocket just isn't enough for my keys, wallet and cell phone.  So today added a couple more.  I found another shirt pocket from the stash of scraps that Aysha gave me that was just perfect.



 
The pocket was still attached to part of the shirt, so I used the whole piece to make a large pocket.  The large pocket is just the right size for envelopes or bills that I might need to run errands while grocery shopping.

All I had to do was make a double fold hem on the top of the piece and fold and press the other edges (wrong sides facing).


And then pin and stitch it to the bag just like how I did with the first pocket.


Here are the views from the top and from the side of the bag (the white stitching around the bag's logo shows where I stitched the pocket on the inside).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...