Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cutlery holder/pouch tutorial

I made this cutlery holder to go with the lunch bag. The idea is that if I had to use some cutlery and couldn't wash it, I could put it in this little pouch so that it wouldn't get the rest of the bag dirty. I could then throw the pouch in the laundry and use another one (I've got three of these now).

So, here's how to make it:

  1. Start with one piece of fabric 4" x 24" and make a 1/2" double fold hem on the short sides.
  2. Fold one end 2.5", placing right sides together.
  3. Fold the other end 10", right sides together. The large fold is now on top of the smaller fold.
  4. Stitch the sides with 3/8" seam allowance and zigzag the raw edges.
  5. Turn the pouch right side out and put cutlery in it.
  6. Close it by flipping the flap over.




Using a smaller piece of fabric, the same steps can be followed to make a coin purse. I made this one at Aysha's place last year out of a piece of old khaki's. We stenciled the pattern on the back and added a cute little button to the front.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...